Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Bruce Perens and world table

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Bruce Perens and world table
Date: 19 Oct 2006 13:46:21 +0100

> http://floatingpoint.wordpress.com/2006/10/16/off-the-record/#comments
>
> ------
>  Dan Lyons  // Oct 17th 2006 at 7:52 am
>
> Translation: Nothing to worry about here, folks. Just move along,

Dan is replying there to a comment I posted.

Dan's blog entry quoted a lawyer who's being consulted during the draftign
of GPLv3 who said that parts of GPLv3 aren't legally sound.  I replied:

  This isn't worrying at all. Lawyers are paid to be sceptical, to find
  weaknesses, and to inflate things to scary proporations.
  What would worry me is if the team of lawyers did not include sceptics
  such as this guy.

Dan's reply didn't merit a response.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3