Re: EASTERBROOK's "quick look" on the GPL and Wallace's claim

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: EASTERBROOK's "quick look" on the GPL and Wallace's claim
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:12:44 +0100

> Hey dak, groklaw crowd is loudly complaining about "Horrible
> interpretation of the GPL" by EASTERBROOK.
>
> What's your take on that?

I did not bother with the details of what was an open-and-shut case,
anyway.  And IIRC, Easterbrook did not too much, either.  His job was
not to interpret the GPL, but to see whether there was substance to
the appellation.  Namely to figure out whether the case as established
by the previous court was lead or decided incorrectly.