Re: Novell-MS Pact: Novell opens legal books to GPL pundits

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Novell-MS Pact: Novell opens legal books to GPL pundits
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:41:17 +0100

>From groklaw:

--------
Eben is going to look at the agreement (confidentially)

Authored by: Anonymous on Thursday, November 09 2006 @ 09:38 PM EST

http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/06/11/09/2356241.shtml
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2168151/novells-opens-microsoft

If I were Eben I would not agree to look at the agreement confidentially. This
agreement should be out in the open IF it involves Free Software (GPL). I place
my code under the GPL and I am appalled that secret agreements are being made
that my code could be a part of. I hope this is another lesson that can be
included in GPLv3. There will be no secret contracts/agreements involving
software licensed under GPLv3. Any copyright holder should be able to see the
terms of such agreements. Even if in Moglen's mind the terms of the GPL aren't
broken what if I as the copyright holder feel differently and want to take them
to court over it? I'm sure this is a dumb question from someone who is not a
lawyer.

-Void
---------