Re: EASTERBROOK's "quick look" on the GPL and Wallace's claim

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: EASTERBROOK's "quick look" on the GPL and Wallace's claim
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:28:47 +0100

Alexander Terekhov wrote:

> David Kastrup wrote:
> [...]
> > Go try to negotiate different license terms for the EULA'd stuff in
> > Windows.  Or Java from Sun
>
> I've addressed Windows already. As for Java...
>
> http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=34835

(Sun releases Java under GPL licence ... A kick in the teeth
to Vole's .Net ... It also puts Novell in a very uncomfortable
position, because its "Mono" project ...)

------
Ponytailed CEO Jonathan Schwartz will announce the ground-breaking
move in a webcast to be held later at 9:30am Pacific Time.

[...]

In related news, we have to deny the rumour about Richard Stallman
having a shock and being in a coma after hearing these Earth-shaking
news, really. What the tech plebs - always prone to Sun-bashing -
will say after this remains to be seen. And that brings us back to
ponytail CEO Jonathan Schwartz and Novell's recent deal with the
Evil Empire of Redmondia. Schwartz wisely said a few years ago in an
interview published by "Business 2.0" magazine: "No company has ever
done a deal with Microsoft that lasted, they're just naive if they
think they can". What more can I say? To quote Mel Brooks' character
in the movie Spaceballs: "Never underestimate the power of the
Schwartz!" ยต
------

He he.