Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Microsoft to start hunting kids and bribi

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Microsoft to start hunting kids and bribing their parents
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:59:53 +0100

-----------
Q4: [Question asked in Japanese]

Richard Stallman Eh, no. Basically, software patents obtained by
children does not seem likely to be a large part of the danger of
software patents. So I suspect it's a minor detail.

Q4b: No, no, no. []

Richard Stallman Well, when the FSF asks for a copyright assignment, we
ask if the developer is a minor, and if so we ask for the parents to
sign their approval on it. But other developers, they should take
precautions about this, but we can't do it for them and we can't make
them do it. However, I suspect it will not be a big problem unless
Microsoft starts hunting them and bribing their parents.

Which I suppose it might try to do.