Re: License Dilemma

From: Dmitry V. Gorbatovsky
Subject: Re: License Dilemma
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:52:06 +0200

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

>    I invent new industrial methodology, in the certain field. It is
>    basicly new set of measurements and algorithms of utility
>    optimization based on that measurements, available for
>    understanding and use to general public. The methodology itself is
>    patentable and patent pending now.
>
> Software patents are pure evil.  They are probobly the single most
> greatest threat to free software, and software in general.  Please
> cancel this patent in the name of freedom!
As I wrote the above mention patent has nothing to do with
computers in general and software particularly. The patent
describe methodology of industrial decision making
under certain conditions.
Software here just one of the possible mediums.

>    What is a right approach I should follow.
>
> The right approach is to always respect the rights of users.
Of course ,completely agree with that.

> This means allowing competitors to use your work in a way they see fit.
And that doesn't makes any sense, unless one have a solid financial back up.

> Cheers.
Not much to thanks about, since I am really looking for possible
solution/help, not just cheerful exchange of obvious statements.

Regards, Dmitry