Re: License Dilemma

From: Dmitry V. Gorbatovsky
Subject: Re: License Dilemma
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 02:05:24 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

> Note that this is what a patent gives you: the right to stop others
> from using the same idea without license.  The remedy is to have them
> pay damages and have them stop.

You always looking in a pocket of patent holder, but this patent story has
two sides. In order to cancel this old bad patent system.
One should invent a socially acceptable framework, which would simulate
people to invent things and facilitate exchange of knowledge.

> When talking about the government, you don't even have the option to
> stop them.
No, you have such option. By not doing patents, you
would not share your ideas.

> So even if your motivation is not money, and you patent a
> new weapon (for example) so that nobody will be allowed to build it,
> you can't stop the government from doing so.
>
> The motivator is money.
>
> That's how the laws are designed, that's what they center around.

It's all smells like some kind of conspiracy theory.
Rich and powerfull monsters against good guys.
I am not agree,with that. I don't think that bad-boys design the law
under-the-table.

Dmitry