Re: gpl licensing

From: David Golden
Subject: Re: gpl licensing
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 23:20:35 +0000

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

> Or Treacherous Computing/Digital Restriction Managment, which is one
> of the nicest things the GPLv3 draft touches upon.

Hmph. I'm not sure - Maybe taking "copyright law" as too broad a brush,
but in its absence, anti-circumvention provisions would disappear? It's
not technological aspects of DRM or TC that worry me particularly,
it's the legal anti-circumvention provisions.

Vaguely similarly, binary-only software releases don't hold huge terror
for me, it's legal prohibition of reverse-engineering of binary-only
software I really don't like.