Re: gpl licensing

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: gpl licensing
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 23:30:19 +0000

Seg, 2006-12-04 às 18:47 +0100, Alexander Terekhov escreveu:
> Richard Tobin wrote:

> > >http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Pierre-Joseph_Proudhon
> >
> > As usual, you miss the point.  Just as the fact that's there's an
> > often-quoted assertion "property is theft" doesn't prove that property
> > IS theft, the fact that someone coined the phrase "intellectual
> > property" does not mean that such a thing exists.  Both are just
> > slogans for a political viewpoint.
>
> Intellectual property is a slogan? It's a law, not a slogan.
>
> And as for theft (of intellectual property)...

Well, this is about theft of *Trade*Secrets* not of "intellectual
property". My my, what a perfect example of a misnomer "ip" really is.

So an unlawful copy should be punished in the same way as below
described (that's the purpose of the term "ip", you know?)... what a
fantasy world you live in.

> -------
>  TITLE 18--CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
>
>                              PART I--CRIMES
>
>                  CHAPTER 90--PROTECTION OF TRADE SECRETS
>
> Sec. 1832. Theft of trade secrets
>
>     (a) Whoever, with intent to convert a trade secret, that is related
> to or included in a product that is produced for or placed in interstate
> or foreign commerce, to the economic benefit of anyone other than the
> owner thereof, and intending or knowing that the offense will, injure
> any owner of that trade secret, knowingly--
>         (1) steals, or without authorization appropriates, takes,
>     carries away, or conceals, or by fraud, artifice, or deception
>     obtains such information;
>         (2) without authorization copies, duplicates, sketches, draws,
>     photographs, downloads, uploads, alters, destroys, photocopies,
>     replicates, transmits, delivers, sends, mails, communicates, or
>     conveys such information;
>         (3) receives, buys, or possesses such information, knowing the
>     same to have been stolen or appropriated, obtained, or converted
>     without authorization;
>         (4) attempts to commit any offense described in paragraphs (1)
>     through (3); or
>         (5) conspires with one or more other persons to commit any
>     offense described in paragraphs (1) through (3), and one or more of
>     such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy,
>
> shall, except as provided in subsection (b), be fined under this title
> or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.
>     (b) Any organization that commits any offense described in
> subsection (a) shall be fined not more than $5,000,000.

+ So let's do it...?