Re: 'It's just a f*cking kernel...'

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: 'It's just a f*cking kernel...'
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:48:06 +0100 (CET)

   > Does the phrase "whistle blower" ring a bell?  Microsoft has
   > employees.  Many of those employees are going to know or suspect
   > about the infringement.  Some are going to become disgruntled and
   > quit or be fired...

   Which is what I said initially - one would find out about such
   illegal activities only if an employee spilled the beans.

You forgot reverse engineering, and a bunch of other methods to figure
out such things.

   And even in that case, I am not sure that it could lead to legal
   proceedings - violation of non-disclosure agreement on that
   employee's part would poison the entire process of discovery.

A NDA cannot dictate that someone must do a crime, or keep quiet about
a crime.  Then there is always this thing called anonymity.