Re: Using a script licensed under GPL in an application licensed under a

From: Stefaan A Eeckels
Subject: Re: Using a script licensed under GPL in an application licensed under a license that's not compatible with GPL
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:40:18 +0100

The OP said that his program works without the GPLed scripts:

| observatory@gmail.com said:
| These GPL scripts are not necessary to use the application, they just
| add more functionality.

Which you turn into:

| ams@gnu.org said:
| It also stops working without the GPLed library/script/whatever.

Now that's a factual error, isn't it?

Plus, you insist on using the word "deriviate", which does not exist in
English, hence my reference to another word that ends in "-iate".

> The rest of your message is just extrapolating what I wrote into
> things that I didn't write, so it is futile to respond to it.

You seem to argue that the OP's source code is a derivative work
because it uses "#include" type statements. As a person making a living
writing source code, I find that a very disturbing thought.

Take care,

--
Stefaan A Eeckels