Re: An explanation of tivoisation

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: An explanation of tivoisation
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:43:47 +0100

Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:

> This isn't a ground-breaking article, but there didn't seem to be any
> articles that described tivoisation in moderate detail, so I wrote one:
>
> Tivoisation explained - implementation and harms
> http://fsfe.org/en/fellows/ciaran/ciaran_s_free_software_notes/tivoisation_explained_implementation_and_harms

"Tivoisation is a technique that manufacturers use to produce a
computer, to sell to you, whose software they can update but you
can't."

That's exactly how my BMW works!

Hey, and apart from a more known brand, it's whole one character
less: BMWisation!!

"Join the boycott of Chinese products"

                  -- www.stallman.org