Re: GPL version 3 comments

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL version 3 comments
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 20:15:25 +0100

"Alfred M. Szmidt" wrote:

>    I use Linux, not GNU, BSD, or other Unix-based operating systems,
>    and want to release programs under the GPL.
>
> Linux is just a kernel, using it without any operating system is
> impossible.

Operating system without a kernel, GNUtian ams?

http://www.kernel.org/

"What is Linux?

Linux is a clone of the operating system Unix, written from scratch
by Linus Torvalds with assistance from a loosely-knit team of hackers
across the Net. "

               GNU is one operating system that works with Linux, and
> there are some embedded versions too.
>
>    Version 3 is being discussed now, at
>    http://gplv3.fsf.org/comments/gplv3-draft-2.html.  It would be nice
>    if modifications to the GPL were allowed, and comments on the line
>    about modifications being banned would be helpfull.
>
> Allowing modifications to the GPL would allow people to make versions
> of the GPL that would remove a users freedom, so it would work against
> you.  I.e. you could modify the GPL into being a non-free license, and
> still call it the GPL.

Would work against you? What would work against you, you unemployed
parasite living on fonds provided by public?

"Join the boycott of Chinese products"

                  -- www.stallman.org