Transcript of RMS's general free software speech

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Transcript of RMS's general free software speech
Date: 09 Jan 2007 11:10:55 +0000

Something new to argue about:
http://fsfeurope.org/documents/rms-fs-2006-03-09.en.html

It's a transript of a talk Stallman gave on March 3rd 2006 in Croatia where
he talks about free software, why it's defined the way it is, how the GNU
project started, why it started the way it did, what problems we face now,
how we waste our market pressure, about patents, about copyright/DeCSS,
about how we need to raise awareness for all the coming problems that some
companies are making for free software, etc.

The corresponding audio is here:
http://mjesec.ffzg.hr/~dpavlin/stallman2006/free_software_movement_and_the_future_of_freedom_zagreb_09_march_2006.ogg

AFAIK, this is the first transcript that has been made of his general free
software speech since this 1986 one:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/stallman-kth.html

For some reason, people always choose to transcribe his other talks.
Probably because they're shorter :-)

The Dangers of Software Patents
http://www.ifso.ie/documents/rms-2004-05-24.html

Copyright vs Community in the age of Computer Networks
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/copyright-and-globalization.html

The Changes in GPLv3
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/tokyo-rms-transcript.en.html

--