Re: Progressive activism/Hacker coalition and copyleft

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Progressive activism/Hacker coalition and copyleft
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:30:09 +0100 (CET)

   1. First, I'm looking to build a coalition of ethical programmers
   and activists for progressive/"radical demoratic" social change. Is
   there a usenet newsgroup, mailing list, web forum, or other places
   you could refer me to? [...]

Is there anything wrong with any of the following groups:
 * The GNU Project
 * FSF
 * FSF Europe
 * FSF Latin-America
 * FSF India
 * League for Programming Freedom

   2. My second and only partially related question -- can someone
   advise me on copylefting some general ideas. I'm hoping my ideas
   are not copyrightable, not patendable...but in case they are, is
   there a way of pre-emptively copylefting them so that a
   corporate/commercial entity doesn't grab the ideas and try to
   own/control them? [...]

Ideas are not copyrightable, a expression of a idea is though and
those are copyraightable upon creation.