Re: GPL: Does a conveyor's violation result in rights to users?

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL: Does a conveyor's violation result in rights to users?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:30:36 +0200

Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
> > As if "first sale" ("copyright exhaustion" in EU
> > speak) were nonexistent
>
> Well, I don't know the answer to that, and I'm not going to check with a
> lawyer right now, but if there was such a loophole in the GPL, wouldn't
> someone have exploited it by now?

Oh dear, I hereby offer you a signed (by me) CD full of binary-only
(no sources) GPL'd stuff (C) FSF under draconian contract imposing
forbearance from exercising rights granted under GPL via a kind of
shrink-wrap T&C between you an me with contractual damages only
twice the price. For only EURO 50. Deal? (If yes, pls pay-pal to
terekhov at yahoo dot com and allow a week or so for delivery.)