Re: GPL: Does a conveyor's violation result in rights to users?

From: Elvey
Subject: Re: GPL: Does a conveyor's violation result in rights to users?
Date: 28 Mar 2007 13:49:10 -0700

FYI, their (Adaptec Support's) latest response:

The GPL conforms to Open Source and the Guardian Operating system is
not Open Source. It uses a Linux base but is Adaptec intellectual
property with our own code compiled specifically for Snap Appliances.
If you'd like to speak about GPL conformance in depth please feel free
to contact our legal department via our main operator at 408-945-8600.

So this guy is actually saying that Linux is now Adaptec's
intellectual property!  Probably not what he meant to say, but
still...