Re: Creative Commons GPL - The same as the regular GPL?

From: Colonel Communism
Subject: Re: Creative Commons GPL - The same as the regular GPL?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 18:42:40 GMT

John Sullivan wrote:
Colonel Communism <Wscientist@gmail.com> writes:

I've noticed that on the Creative Commons website, there's an option for
licensing your work under a "CC-GNU GPL."  It says that it adds Creative
Commons metadata to the license and the Commons deed.

My question is, what's the real difference?  And is the CC-GNU GPL sanctioned
by the Free Software Foundation?

The license text is the same. Personally, I wish they wouldn't add the CC-, I
think it makes things confusing. They didn't change anything about the GNU GPL
-- they just wrote the "human readable" summary and the RDF.

Oh, okay.  Thanks for your help.