LGPL question

From: Paolino
Subject: LGPL question
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:02:56 +0200

Hi everyone!

 we are thinking about releasing a framework in Java under the LGPL. That is
   because we have no choice in putting it under the GPL, so it would be either
   proprietary or LGPL.

The question is about LGPL itself and what its implications are. That is, I
read that if I make a work linking to the framework, I can release it under any
term I want, providing I grant modification rights for personal use and the
right to reverse the work to debug such modifications.  Somewhere else I also
read that I must ensure to redistribute the framework under the LGPL conditions
AND the "derivate work" as object code.

Am I the only one to see a contradiction here?

Thanks a lot for any feedback

cheers
paolino