Re: GPL question

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL question
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 21:54:03 +0200 (CEST)

   And therefore distributing them even separately through different
   channels is considered the same as distributing them as a
   whole. So, in other words, the following holds true: If I decide to
   use GPL code in my program, I am agreeing to "pay for the code"
   with my own code -- because then I am forced to release my own code
   as GPL as well.  I can't even release it under another "free"
   system, no, it must be UNDER THE GPL! What is the point of this?!

To keep programs free.