Re: GNU License, Again

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GNU License, Again
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:35:11 +0200

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> mike3 writes:
>> So, it's to create *more* free code, right?
>
> Yes.
>
> The FSF position is controversial.  In my (nonlawyer's) opinion it
> would not stand up in court.

There are several parts to that "position".  Even if you consider
parts of that position shere lunacy, analog lunacy has had a fair
share of successes in court.

Some of the more strenuous points, I guess, the FSF would not mind
getting thrown out of court since it would constitute a precedence
also affecting proprietary software.

However, there is a notable absence of enthusiasm for challenging such
positions in court.