Re: GNU License, Again

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: GNU License, Again
Date: 24 May 2007 19:27:08 GMT

On 2007-05-24, mike3 <mike4ty4@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Because you agreed to it, you are free not to agree to do so, but then
>> nothing gives you the right to distribute the GPLed program.  Please
>> read the GPL, it is very clear.
>
> I know, but the thing I'm going after is the reasonableness,
> rationale,
> or logic behind the license.

Rather than ask the same question over and over, you might consider
visiting the gnu website. They provide all the details you're looking
for. A good place to start is Richard Stallman's 'Free Software, Free
Society', where he explains his original motivations and goals for
Free Software in general, and the GPL in particular. It's available to
browse on-line or to download, or you can even buy a hardcopy if you
so wish. You should find it in the documentation section.

Tyler