Re: GNU License, Again

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GNU License, Again
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 09:45:30 +0200

mike3 <mike4ty4@yahoo.com> writes:

> This is why this discussion keeps going -- because you don't seem to
> be making sense, you just keep contradicting yourself!  I don't know
> what to believe now.

Alfred is exercising his notion of loyalty.  Making sense is a
secondary consideration for him: after all, he is repeating the words
and ideas (or so he thinks) of people which are generally considered
to be in full possession of their senses.

If you want to get a somewhat coherent presentation of the motivations
behind the GPL, I recommend that you rather concentrate on the links
he provides and skip his own exegesis.