Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Eben Moglen predicts broad embrace of GPL

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Eben Moglen predicts broad embrace of GPL 3
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 21:10:23 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>
> > Sonny! Uncle Hasler has spoken!
> >
> > John Hasler wrote:

> >> Well, the doofuses at SCO claimed GPLv2 was "unconstitutional".  The phrase
> >> "illegal document" doesn't make a whole lot of sense, though, at least
> >> under US law.
> >
> > http://supreme.justia.com/us/38/157/case.html
> >
> > "a void, useless, and illegal document"
>
> I should hope that you can come up with something better than a
> verdict from 1839

It just shows that I can do better than Eben The Historian, your
GNU Reichsminister für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda:

http://dartreview.com/archives/2005/04/08/intellectual_property_is_so_last_year.php

"an investigation of Oliver Wendell Holmes' "The Path of the Law,"
published in 1897, which was our assigned reading for the week. "

LOL.