Re: Did I finally figure out the rationale?

From: mike3
Subject: Re: Did I finally figure out the rationale?
Date: 27 May 2007 11:53:16 -0700

On May 27, 4:06 am, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <r...@1407.org> wrote:
> Sáb, 2007-05-26 às 17:22 -0700, mike3 escreveu:
>
> > On May 26, 5:30 pm, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <r...@1407.org> wrote:
> > > Better yet... Those transcripts usually come from the recordings. Hear
> > > them.
>
> > > Is that so hard?
>
> > They are long and I can't seem to find a direct, straight to the point
> > answer to my question.
>
> Well, it's pretty evident that you've wasted more time with this
> continuous ramblings when those recordings only take about two hours.
> Add another half an hour or so if you want to hear the questions.

But at least these "ramblings" don't have to be done all in one
sitting.
With the audio, though, I have to pretty much sit there all at once
and
can't take breaks or I'll lose where I am. But I suppose I could just
read
the transcript, however I did not find anything that really answered
the
question.

I decided to read some of the transcript -- not in detail, too much
time --
and I could _not_ find anything direct however I figured the BSD-style
license question might provide something and it SEEMS -- again I am
interpreting here as the statement was nowhere near direct enough
to satisfy me -- that the point is to prevent the creation of
proprietary
software from free software (because the "proprietary" parts of the
derivative have to be released as free as well as the parts of the
free stuff that were used), since one of the core beliefs of
Gnutianism
is that all software should be free. In a way, then, the "keeping free
software free" thing actually means it tries to keep _all_ software
free since all software is assumed free intrinsically -- and other
statements I've heard that it's "only" to keep already GPL
software free free are in error.

But what I really would like to know is have I finally gotten a
correct
understanding? That's why I was hoping for a very direct
answer to my question. So did I, at last, and hence I can finally put
this puzzle to bed?