Right to copy source code

From: cold80
Subject: Right to copy source code
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 01:56:25 -0700

Sorry if maybe my question could be silly, but I don't know a lot
about licences...I found a .NET library that is realeased under the
GPL licence. So I have the source code. Now I'm developing a software
and I would like to use part of this library. I would like to copy
the
source code that I need to my project and compile it. So I'm not
linking the library, I would like to embeed the code in my program.
What am I supposed to do? Should I release my program under the GPL
license too? I would like to release it for free, but not with the
source code, can I do it this way?

Thank you very much for your help

Cold