Re: Right to copy source code

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Right to copy source code
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 15:14:19 +0200 (CEST)

>From the GPL FAQ
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCGPLCommercially):

Question: If I use a piece of software that has been obtained under
the GNU GPL, am I allowed to modify the original code into a new
program, then distribute and sell that new program commercially?  You
are allowed to sell copies of the modified program commercially, but
only under the terms of the GNU GPL. Thus, for instance, you must make
the source code available to the users of the program as described in
the GPL, and they must be allowed to redistribute and modify it as
described in the GPL.

Answer: These requirements are the condition for including the
GPL-covered code you received in a program of your own.