Re: The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

From: Klaus Schilling
Subject: Re: The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:24:20 +0200

George Neuner <gneuner2/@comcast.net> writes:

> Or, how about politics?  Another example from the Judeo-Christian
> Bible (that is, from the Old Testament), politicking was the sin that
> resulted in Lucifer's fall from God's grace.

that's not a God, but an inferior demiurge,
as correctly figured by Marcion

> [Yeah, I know the official story is that Lucifer's sin was envy.

the official story is thoroughly flawed.
of course Lucifer means carrier of light,
and thus has nothing to do with sin.
but the contrary.
Lucifer brings enlightenment to those people
who are enchained in the darkness of oppression and stupor
the demiurge imposed upon them.
Thus it's Plato who equalled the situation of
unenlightened mankind with that of prisoners in a dark cave.
Sin is the rejection of the light brought by
the carrier of light.
Same goes for those who have once seen the light of
the Symbolic Expressions, but continue rejoycing in
infix Syntax.

Klaus Schilling