Re: RMS transcript for all the GNU fans

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: RMS transcript for all the GNU fans
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:47:06 +0100

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 08:17:46PM +0200, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> DiBona of Google (Open Source Programs Manager):
>
> "issue is that Richard wants the imagery that we ourselves do not own"
>
> http://www.crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3:mss:14528

This makes no sense, DiBona is not being clear enough, opening doors
for your venom spit.

In your quote, Ricard is talking about Google Earth as the non-Free
Software program. Every non-Free Software program is designed to
restrict freedom, it clearly says so in their license.

That's completely beside the point of wanting or not the collection
of images. IMNSHO, sattelite photos of *our* planet have no business
being owned by TerraMetrics, the owners of Google Maps' imagery.

Rui

--

Today is Pungenday, the 69th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?