Re: Help to pick a license for my free source code project

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: Help to pick a license for my free source code project
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:23:20 +0100

Once again you manipulate and confuse meaning and law with the intent
to create a lie that suits your purpose.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 01:37:33PM +0200, Alexander Terekhov wrote:

> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> [...]
> > > I'd  want to ask a question here. How does the entity paying these
> > > programmers make their money? Do they do it with proprietary
> > > software, in which case would not it be objectionable to you?
> >
> > Red Hat doesn't do it with proprietary software.
>
> Red Hat does it by turning GPL'd software (majority of which is
> created by others, may I note) into pretty proprietary (copy use
> "licensed") software...

That's a lie. Actually Red Hat has been buying software and then making
it become Free Software, which is completely the reverse.

> a fee based Freedom Zero, so to speak. Red

(...)

> • Ensure the appropriate open source license (General Public License
> (GPL) based End User License Agreement (EULA)) is transferred to the
> client

(..)

> Red Hat Subscription Terms
>
> Installed System
>
> • Customer agrees to pay Red Hat the applicable subscription fees for each
> Installed System.

Support channels subscription, not software licenses.

> Trademarks
> • No trademark rights granted under agreement

trademark != copyright hence:

> • Cannot distribute Red Hat software with Red Hat marks (must remove)

Which people do (CentOS, for instance) even to the point of having collaboration
from Red Hat.

Liar. Nya nya nya nya! :)

--
All Hail Discordia!
Today is Setting Orange, the 71st day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?