Re: Can I use GCC without being forced to be GPL?

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Can I use GCC without being forced to be GPL?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:26:00 +0200

jacob navia wrote:
[...]
> Does that mean that if I do NOT distribute libbfd.a
> I can still tell the linux users to download it and
> install it for using my compiler system?

In the GNU Republic, that's ten years in prison. Note that you still
have choice: GPL your compiler system or go to prison (where you can
share your GPL "incompatible" compiler system distributed on
diskettes or some such with other prisoners and let them download
libbfd.a from prison's GPL only intranet). Freedom.

"The revolution might take significantly longer than anticipated."

                                     -- The GNU Monk Harald Welte