Re: GNU/Linux Naming

From: mike3
Subject: Re: GNU/Linux Naming
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:51:31 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 6, 2:19 am, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
> mike3 <mike4...@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Hmm. So then the goal isn't so much to give credit through names,
> > which is weird (why through a name? Why should _names_ be how credit
> > is given?! That certainly _does_ seem odd.), but to make people aware
> > of the existence and purpose of GNU, the GNU Project, and perhaps most
> > important of all, the GNU Philosophy of Free software as in Freedom
> > for the user.
>
> How you can claim time and again with a semi-straight face that you read
> the pertinent papers when you act all surprised about their content
> every time is beyond me.

So then where is it in the papers? I didn't read _every single last
article in
existence_, as that would be too much of a project. I just looked at
whatever
seemed relevant (the documents directly relating to the naming of the
GNU/Linux
System) in my own judgment, and I looked at every FAQ question listed
and
none say "Why are names the appropriate place to give credit?". So
what do I do?
Is it in some odd place that I wouldn't expect to find it? What is the
answer?!