Re: GNU/Linux Naming

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU/Linux Naming
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 22:26:23 +0100 (CET)

   >    I'm not sure what you mean by "for Mach", but if you mean "one
   >    doesn't call it Mach" then you're mistaken.  I have often heard
   >    people refer to it that way, and I can't recall ever hearing them
   >    refer to it as BSD.
   >
   > Would be the first time I have heard it, and I have been mucking about
   > with Mach for quite sometime now.

   Perhaps current-day Mach users use different terminology, but in the
   "old days" (late '80s, early '90s, which was when I had the most
   exposure to the Mach community) people referred to their computer as
   running "Mach"; the term "BSD" never came up unless they were explaining
   the details of the implementation.

I'd consider myself part of the old-days, maybe not the early days,
but not current-day.