Re: GPL Mere Aggregation question

From: avesty
Subject: Re: GPL Mere Aggregation question
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 07:06:16 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 27, 8:55 pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> In article <8763yjof7v....@toncho.dhh.gt.org>,
>  John Hasler <j...@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
>
> > avesty writes:

> > > It seems there should be definitive defendable answers to questions like
> > > the ones I have...
> > > That's the other reason I asked if there were lawyers that specialize
> > > in this sort of thing...
>
> > If you expect a definitive defendable answer from a lawyer you are going to
> > be disappointed.
>
> And asking on Usenet is definitely not the way to get it.  No reputable
> lawyer would express a detailed opinion in this way.

Usenet for me is always a starting point. I came here to attempt to
educate myself a little more, so that if I did happen to have a
discussion with a lawyer I'd at least have some idea what I was
talking about.  Part of my initial post was asking about lawyers that
specialize in this sort of thing... Perhaps I should have been more
specific - could anyone recommend a lawyer that specializes in the
GPL?

If one day I did happen to end up in court, I wasn't planning on going
there with my defence being "But a bunch of guys on usenet
said...!" :)

--
Ad