Re: GPL Mere Aggregation question

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL Mere Aggregation question
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:59:58 +0100 (CET)

   I am attempting to clarify whether I can include ghostscript (and
   its source) in the installer with the commercial
   software. Ghostcript

Please don't use `commercial software' as a synonm for non-free
software, the two have very different meanings.  Commercial software
is just software being developed as a business acvitity, and has
nothing to do with its licensing terms.

   isn't linked/built/compiled into the commercial application at all,
   the commercial application doesn't need ghostscript installed to be
   able to run.

It seems that it would be OK to distribute Ghostscript with this
non-free program.  A much better choice would be to make your program
free software and respect the rights of users to run, study,
distribute and modify programs.  Would you like to do that instead?