Re: "My dad is a pirate."

From: Dustin Cook
Subject: Re: "My dad is a pirate."
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:57:27 GMT

mark.kent.is.owned@gmail.com wrote in
22cd4ca7-c2a4-406c-9789-6fa21a2e63b3@60g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:">news:22cd4ca7-c2a4-406c-9789-6fa21a2e63b3@60g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

> PIRATE Andrew Halliwell (spike1) spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
>> In the garbage domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> didnst hastily scribble thusly:
>>
>> > Mark Kent the bastard wrote:
>> > [...]
>>
>> > Uh silly Kent. Canada has a blank media levy (not a tax) for
>> > "private copying."
>>
>> > http://www.cb-cda.gc.ca/info/act-e.html#rid-33760
>>
>> The Levy is the bad one. A tax goes to the government, the levy goes
>> to the industry. So why is he silly?
>
> He is silly because he does "family" business with his boyfriend Roy
> Schestowitz. But in your piracy-land, everything should be okay, right
> Andrew Halliwell the pirate?
>
>> The levy is a tax
>
> Shouldn't matter to you. You are a pirate and a thief. You are not
> required to pay levy or tax or anything else.

If he buys blank media, he may already be paying a special tax or levy. I
do. Please explain to me how duplicating something is indeed, theft. As I
was taught, theft deprives the original owner of access to it. IE: If I
thiefed (hehehe) your car, you wouldn't have it anymore. If I copied it,
you still have yours. How have I stolen yours then?

Intellectual copyright infringement isn't theft.

--
Regards,
Dustin Cook - http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk