Re: "My dad is a pirate."

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: "My dad is a pirate."
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:36:17 +0100

Dustin Cook wrote:
[...]
> thiefed (hehehe) your car, you wouldn't have it anymore. If I copied it,
> you still have yours. How have I stolen yours then?

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070821/ANE01/70821003/1172/ANE
(Mercedes may sue over China Smart look-a-like)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/9/story.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10460954
(Mercedes and BMW angry over Chinese knock-offs)

http://creativeadvertisingworld.com/bmw-7-vs-byd-f6/
(The Chinese fully ignore copyrights)

"Notwithstanding Jacobsen's confused discussion of unilateral
contracts, bilateral contracts, implied licenses, "licenses to the
world" and "bare" licenses in his Appellant's Brief, the issue at hand
is fairly simple."

  -- Brief of Appellees (CAFC 2008-1001).