Re: "My dad is a pirate" but "Mark Kent is a clueless moron."

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: "My dad is a pirate" but "Mark Kent is a clueless moron."
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:00:05 +0100

spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

> In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.misc,
> Hadron <hadronquark@googlemail.com> didnst hastily scribble thusly:
>> I'm not sure how long you have been posting here Troy, but the one thing
>> that will become apparent is that COLA is like no where else on the
>> net. And Mark Kent is one of the biggest idiots you are likely to come
>> across. When NVidia finally solved the Linux problem
>
> What does "finally solved the linux problem" mean exactly?

Err, that millions of people could not get 3d working?

> Nvidia released their drivers for accellerated 3D over 7 years ago.
> And unless you did a nymshift, you weren't even in COLA back then.

WTF has COLA got to do with it? What has 7 years got to do with it.

Try and think for a change. Try and use that degree of yours.

WHY were utilities like this written? Why did MOST people recommend
NVIdia over ATI until recently and even to this day??!?!?!??!?!?!?

http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Answer? because getting a WORKING 3d driver to work needed a degree in
Linux and a whole weekend. I know - I was there and did that. And if you
do not believe me, then learn about google and google up video problems.