NYC LOCAL: Thursday 13 March 2008 Internet Society of New York General M

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Thursday 13 March 2008 Internet Society of New York General Meeting
Date: 13 Mar 2008 03:17:47 -0400

  what="official ISOC-NY announcement"
  note="ISOC-NY is at the first line of defense of the Net in New York City"
  main-issue="keeping our Net free">

 Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 13:31:57 -0500
 To: announce@isoc-ny.org
 From: ISOC-NY announcements <announce@isoc-ny.org>
 Subject: [isoc-ny] Internet Society of NY Meeting

 The next Internet Society of New York meeting will be held
 on Thursday, March 13 from 7-9 pm at our new location:

 NYU Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
 Warren Weaver Hall
 251 Mercer Street (SW corner of West 4th)
 Room 317 (Third Floor)
 Use the entrance on the West side since construction blocks the Mercer
 Street entrance.

 Our meetings are free and open to the public. ID is required to gain
 access to the building, however.

 Agenda:

 Elections

 Fellowship to IETF conference in Philadelphia

 Grant applications to ISOC for Fall events: topics to include impact of
 the Internet on US elections; changing role of public and academic
 libraries as a result of the Internet

 ISXubuntu Linux project

 Fundraising and Chapter development

 Planning future meetings with remote partipation via the Net

 We're still looking for people interested in Internet governance issues
 to act as liaisons with ICANN's Noncommercial Users Constituency (NCUC)
 and we also have open positions on our Board -- if interested, please
 come by!

 --
 David Solomonoff
 President