NYC LOCAL: Friday 28 March 2008 NYU ACM and NYCJM: Panel on the Net and

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Friday 28 March 2008 NYU ACM and NYCJM: Panel on the Net and the 2008 USA Elections
Date: 26 Mar 2008 00:58:54 -0400

  what="official NYU Association for Computing Machinery and
        New York Citizen Journalism Meetup announcement">

 Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:17:58 -0400 (EDT)
 From: Evan Korth <korth@cs.nyu.edu>
 To: Computers_and_society_announcements@cs.nyu.edu
 Cc: women-in-computing <winc@cs.nyu.edu>, ACM chapter <acm@cs.nyu.edu>
 Subject: [Computers_and_society_announcements] Panel: New Media & the 2008
        Elections

 You're invited to join a groundbreaking discussion on the role of new
 media in the 2008 elections.  On Friday March 28th, media innovators
 (including Ariana Huffington, Jeff Jarvis and Jay Rosen) will gather to
 talk about how the internet and digital media are transforming American
 politics, and what we should expect as the 2008 presidential campaigns
 continue.

 The event information follows -- we hope you will join us.

 e.

 Evan Korth
 Clinical Assistant Professor
 Computer Science Department
 New York University

 *How New Media is Changing American Politics*

 The 2008 elections mark a transformation of American politics as the
 internet and new media change the way millions get news and share
 information. From social networking to YouTube, industry leaders and
 trailblazers talk about how the rules of engagement are changing.

 Moderator:* Jeff Jarvis*, CUNY & BuzzMachine

 *Arianna Huffington*, Huffington Post
 *Micah Sifry*, TechPresident.com
 *Lisa Tozzi*, NYTimes.com
 *Jay Rosen*, NYU & NewAssignment.net

 *Date:*
 Friday, March 28, 2008
 6:00pm

 *Location: *
 New York University, Courant Institute
 Room 109 Warren Weaver Hall
 251 Mercer Street
 New York, NY
 <http://journo.meetup.com/69/calendar/7135448/>

 Live coverage by GroundReport. <http://groundreport.com>

 Brought to you by hosts NYU ACM and New York Citizen Journalism Meetup
 <http://journo.meetup.com/69/calendar/7135448/>.