Re: Recommend a license, please

From: Ivan Fomichev
Subject: Re: Recommend a license, please
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 04:34:21 -0700 (PDT)

On 14 апр, 15:18, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > For me, "weak copyleft" means
> > 1. non-greedy, that is the license must allow any software to get
> > profit of licensed software
> The GPL is not prohibiting profit.
It does. It does not prohibit profit for people, but it does for
software, which is not licensed under the terms of GPL.

> > GPL is the worst choice, even besides its illegibility. It is greedy,
> I don't understand a single word of what you are trying to state.  I am
> not even sure that you have a clear picture of it yourself.
I do have. I'm nice and I want my software to be nice too. So I'm
measuring it from my point of view, as if it were me. I would like my
software to do all the things the way I would do.

> > and who dares speak about self-esteem being full of hubris?
> Again, I don't understand a single word of what you are trying to say.
I cannot believe, that human valuables are empty words for you.

> > 3. Self-esteemed, that is the license must require any modified
> > versions of software to be also open source
> But that is pretty much what the GPL enforces.
It just restricts more than a nice license should.

Regards,
Ivan