Re: Software Fictional Licensing Center (SFLC) Files Another Round of GP

From: Linonut
Subject: Re: Software Fictional Licensing Center (SFLC) Files Another Round of GPL Violation Lawsuits
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:39:22 -0400

* Richard Tobin peremptorily fired off this memo:

> In article <j_6dnSeRpuzblM3VnZ2dnUVZ_uadnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> rjack  <robjack@insightbb.com> wrote:
>
>>I have have never found any *verifiable* detail of *any* settlement of
>>these lawsuits other than the court records available on PACER.
>
> I have never found any *verifiable* evidence that you're a real person.

I think he's an Eben Moglen wannabe.

Or a law student with a chip on his shoulder.

He's got a real funny one where he tries to claim, via a partial cite,
that "fair use" effectively negates the GPL.

In other words, an armchair lawyer.

--
Does the e-mail say it's about 'enlargement' -- that might be spam.
   -- Bill Gates, BBC News (24 January 2004)