Re: Dismissal with prejudice is normal

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Dismissal with prejudice is normal
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:19:07 +0200

Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <yIidneUAEomYssHVnZ2dnUVZ_r7inZ2d@giganews.com>,
>  rjack <robjack@insightbb.com> wrote:
> > It is most plausible that the defendants simply said to the SFLC,
> > "Dismiss or we will file a Rule 12 Motion to Dismiss" and collect our
> > attorney fees and costs. Even an incompetent defense attorney would
> > know that the SFLC pleadings are defective on their face due to lack
> > of Copyright Office registration of the allegedly infringed works.
> > The lack of a public settlement stipulation by both parties
> > reinforces this scenario.
>
> Yet the source then appeared, which is what SFLC wanted.

Verizon offers Busybox object code for downloading on its own web site.

http://www2.verizon.net/micro/actiontec/actiontec.asp

Don't you think that this means Verizon must provide access to the
corresponding Busybox source code apart from Actiontec? What happens if
Actiontec goes out of business tomorrow?

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)