Re: When is a GPL program which runs in a web site 'conveyed'?

From: pschmidt78
Subject: Re: When is a GPL program which runs in a web site 'conveyed'?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:48:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 27, 12:02 am, rjack <robj...@insightbb.com> wrote:
> pschmid...@googlemail.com wrote:
> > They argue that we wouldn't 'distribute' the program so that the GPL
> > requirements won't hold.
>
> Whether you distribute or not, the GPL requirements won't hold under U.S.

Do I understand you correctly, that in the U.S. we could ignore all
GPL statements? I'm sorry, it's hard for me to get what your
explanations imply, and we have no legal department to ask for help.

Moreover, if the U.S. is an exception, this affects us only
secondarily, because our company is located in Europe. Can you
elaborate whether the situation as you described it for the U.S. could
also be valid in other countries? Please pretend to speak to a 6-year
old, as I'm a stupid software developer, not a lawyer ;-)

Thanks
Philip Schmidt