Re: When is a GPL program which runs in a web site 'conveyed'?

From: pschmidt78
Subject: Re: When is a GPL program which runs in a web site 'conveyed'?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:42:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 27, 1:10 am, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
> pschmid...@googlemail.com writes:
> > On Jun 27, 12:02 am, rjack <robj...@insightbb.com> wrote:
> >> pschmid...@googlemail.com wrote:

> That's the gist of his statements and has always been here.  He is a
> troll, so you'll likely get quite a better view of the situation even by
> just reading the GPL text front to back.

Oh, thanks for clarification! For the future, can you advise me how to
differentiate between lawyers talking law-speech and trolls talking
nonsense? ;-)

I have read the GPL several times, and besides the cited FAQ I don't
see a reason why you may not be allowed to offer remote X access to a
linux system running (modified) GPL programs as long as you make sure
that the remote user can't get access to the actual program code. And
we are far away from planning such almost direct access.

Philipp Schmidt