Re: Free software, free speech, human dignity

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Free software, free speech, human dignity
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:08:20 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2008 schrieb Ciaran O'Riordan:

> Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@online.de> writes:
> > we should not risk being injailed for our publishings
>
> So, authors should have no responsibilities and all laws of libel, slander,
> perjury, etc. should be deleted?

[ ... ]

Hi Ciarán,

maybe I'm wrong. As I made some errors in the past,
it's probable, I'll be erroneous again.

However, in this case I can't see that.

Make the check against reality: What with the high
ranking persons committing all this while making false
claims against Iraq?

Any single person sent to jail?

Than regard the case of British historian David Irving
for example. May you tell his crime? May you report it precisely, not
some cloudy slander? Please tell me.

Peace on earth can't exist without free speech.  Free
software is a descendant of free speech and depends on
this idea. You can't maintain free software in a non-free
world.

Greetings

Andreas Röhler