Re: A proper infringement pleading

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: A proper infringement pleading
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:46:30 +0200

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> rjack wrote:
> > Why should we believe *any* self-serving statements issued by the SFLC?
>
> Because they keep filing suit, and keep reaching satisfactory settlements
> for their clients.
>
> > The SFLC will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER allow a Federal Court to review the GPL
> > license on the merits.
>
> It seems odd that you think that someone who files suit alleging license
> violations is unwilling to have the license reviewed. It must seem even
> odder to you that the people being sued settle instead of believing your
> theories.

Did you follow discussions of GPL "big victory" against Verizon here?

Hint: http://www2.verizon.net/micro/actiontec/actiontec.asp still
doesn't fulfil requirements for making available GPL'd object code.

See also

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/06/verizon-ceo-doesnt-know-about.html

I just wonder how are you going to rationalize this utter failure to
enforce the GPL... TIA.

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)