Re: C++ equivalent to spaghetti code

From: Kenny McCormack
Subject: Re: C++ equivalent to spaghetti code
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:16:15 +0000 (UTC)

In article <3ce476c4-3248-4a00-aaf1-a670c07b331e@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
Campy Happer  <campyhapper@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I shall propose a new term:
>
>    C++ plaque.
>
>It is similar to the plaque build-up in
>Alzheimer's insofar as it impairs memory,
>makes the programmer confused about
>what is located where and what day it is.
>In addition, when C++ plaque accumulates,
>it decreases the programmer's ability
>to function in his/her daily work life, ergo
>anything (s)he produces will be much more
>likely to crash, e.g. KDE.

Two comments:
        1) I always associated plaque with dental problems, not
            Alzheimer's.  Is the Alzheimer's reference about the same as
            the dental one?
        2) Another term I've used for the problems induced by the OOP
            paradigm is "ravioli code".  This refers to the fact that
            you've got all these "things" lying around, active all the
            time, loosely connected, but all clamoring for attention at
            the same time.  And, in order to track down what is
            happening, you  often have to look in lots of different
            places.

I'm getting hungry.  Need some Chef Boyardee...