Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- track record

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- track record
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:08:05 +0200

Hyman Rosen wrote:
[...]
> It's quite possible that because of they way Verizon
> distributes the routers and firmware that they are in
> fact not subject to the GPL, because they resell the
> routers and serve the firmware through an Actiontec
> gateway.

Care to elaborate on Verizon's gateway to Actiontec? How could one
possibly make an online distribution server being responsible for files
delivery (without browser redirection) fall outside the scope of
exclusive rights under currently prevailing reading of 17 USC 109 saying
that it doesn't cover teleportation*** (move-delete). I'm very
interested, Hyman.

***) http://www.research.ibm.com/quantuminfo/teleportation/

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)