NYC LOCAL: Thursday 14 August 2008 Internet Society of New York Meeting

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Thursday 14 August 2008 Internet Society of New York Meeting
Date: 12 Aug 2008 12:21:59 -0400

  what="official ISOC-NY announcement">

 Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:44:41 -0400
 To: announce@isoc-ny.org
 From: ISOC-NY announcements <announce@isoc-ny.org>
 Subject: [isoc-ny] ISOC-NY Monthly Meeting - Aug 14 2008

 Date: Thursday, Aug 14, 2008
 Time 7pm - 9pm
 Location: Room 317, 251 Mercer Street NYC

 Agenda:

     * Meet new members.
           o We expect and welcome new faces!
     * By-laws reform
           o Progress report from Joseph Shraibman
     * Planning future meetings and events
           o Good news is we have received a sizable grant from ISOC-NY for our
Fall program.
     * ISXubuntu Linux project progress report
           o News from our trusty coders.
     * OneWebDay - planning progress report http://onewebday.org
           o Washington Square Sep 22 event taking shape
     * NYC Broadband
           o Discussion of new report from from the Mayor's office
http://www.isoc-ny.org/?p=313
     * ICANN
           o We have been accepted as an At_Large structure.
     * Status of .nyc
           o An update from Tom Lowenhaupdt
     * Web Standards
           o How can we make our own site more W3C compliant?